Just off the world-renowned Bahnhofstrasse in the heart of Zurich’s historic Old Town, the Widder Hotel is a one of the most special and unique boutique hotels in Zurich and perhaps in all of Switzerland that dates back to the 12th century. The topic of sustainability is therefore of great importance to us.
myclimate «Cause We Care»
Careful use of resources to protect the environment is close to our hearts. You can support us in this: As part of the myclimate «Cause We Care» initiative, we give you the opportunity to make an effective contribution to climate protection and sustainability by making a voluntary contribution together with us.
This is how it works:
With CHF 4 per person and per night you support our sustainability measures and compensate the CO2 emissions of your stay. In return, we promise to double the amount. Part of the sum will be used for the carbon offset project «Clean drinking water for schools and households in Uganda» of the myclimate foundation. This means that you will have a climate-neutral stay. The remaining amount will be invested by us in operational sustainability such as the conversion to renewable energies or the development of our quality and environmental circle in our hotels.
Together we care for the environment so that you and future generations can enjoy our nature.
Since April 2021, the Widder Hotel has been a member of the NOW association. NOW advocates internationally for a more sustainable tourism. They classify hotels according to their environmental friendliness and perception of social responsibility. At the same time, they prepare the information on the members on their platform "It must be NOW" in a user-friendly and clear way and are thus an indispensable information tool for all guests who want to travel responsibly. The evaluation criteria are based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and are determined individually and specifically together with each hotel.
In this way, we want to make our contribution so that future generations can also experience the beauty of Switzerland in all its facets.
Get an overview of our measures, goals and transparent figures on our NOW page.
Here is a short list of measures that the Widder Hotel has implemented for some time now:
- Sensitizing/regular training of our staff in regard to sustainability.
- Regional products and own products from our two farms are used whenever possible in our restaurants.
- Environmental friendly cleaning agents are used in the whole of the hotel.
- All bed linen and towels in our rooms are changed only on demand.
- 100% recycled printer paper is used and much of our data is only electronically stored.
- Our rubbish is strictly separated and is disposed of in an environmental friendly way.
- Thanks to the Bio-Transsystems in the kitchen, environmental friendly energy is produced from catering waste.
- Our lamps are being replaced by LED lighting.
- Every renovation and renewal in the house is in accordance with Minergie guidelines.
The Living Circle – is a hand-picked group of first-class hotels and restaurants in incomparably beautiful locations, run by dedicated hosts. Rice, vegetables, fruit and a whole array of exquisite products – including wine, of course – is whisked fresh from our own farms directly to your table. That is how we define luxury. That is The Living Circle – luxury hotels fed by nature.Discover The Living Circle website